Hi Jim,

Well, once again this is an issue that depends on the type of game the
developer is attempting to create. In your games like Monopoly I
certainly don't mind a Sapi voice speaking out the information because
it is very dinamic and there doesn't need to be any acting in it.

However, most modern first-person and third-person vidio games for the
mainstream market are like interactive movies with scenes between the
levels, heavy dialog, and in-game comments from the player. In cases
like that you most definitely want a human actor to do the work and
voice overs for the game. Can you imagine using Microsoft Anna as the
voice of Mara Jade in Mysteries of the Sith?

Well, it wouldn't work because Microsoft Anna etc couldn't express the
same degree of emotions. There are certain in-game scenes like the one
where Mara confronts Kyle in the Sith temple and it gets extremely
tense. Kyle tries to talk Mara Jade into becoming his Sith apprentice,
and she ends up telling him to stick it where the sun don't shine. I
couldn't imagine two Sapi voices doing that scene justice.

Smile.