To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:41 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] port Heli to vb.net if you want: was Re: Heli

There is a vb.net studio called Sharp Develop. I have no idea how to use vb.net, but if someone would port what I have to vb.net, then I imagine many more people could work on it, and not have to buy anything either. Plus,the latest version of Direct Audio could be used instead of DirectX 8, and who knows how much more powerful the game could be. BGT not having 3d was the first reason I chose not to go with it. The second is that I know vb6 pretty well. I am certainly willing to change to vb.net, but to tell you the truth, I don't learn very well unless I have code right in front of me to play with. Well, I can't say that exactly, as I had to develop the 3d audio engine by myself from descriptions, but we're talking about a whole new language here, a whole new way to do things. In other words, I'd be grateful if someone could port this to vb.net, not offended. I don't know that I won't still use BB6 instead--I'm mainly a hobby programmer, not a pro making a lot of money by selling the cutting-edge games like Tom and others. I think that if you have the patience and dedication to make such games, that's awesome. My enjoyment comes from exploring frontiers, like 3d audio in vb6, and like using the mouse, another area that still could be opened up a bit. My real enjoyment in working with computers though is creating sound effects and music; if I program a game, it's just because I get this idea in my head that won't leave me alone till I've made the game.
Ken Downey
President
DreamTechInteractive!
And,