Hi Damien,

Well, as I wrote my own game engine to make my life simpler I
definitely understand where you are coming from. I don't especially
want to write and rewrite anything any more than I absolutely have to.

However, I think Ken's basic argument is that it gives him a greater
amount of control over his work. A better understanding of how things
work if he codes it all himself. That was certainly true for me when I
started programming games without the aid of something like BGT. I
learned a greater awareness of how my games worked, and I hhad full
control of each and every aspect of the code.

All of this is based on the opinion that BGT has limitations. One of
these is that BGT doesn't offer 3d audio and relies upon 2d stereo
panning. If this is a feature Ken really wants and can't wait for
Philip to add it, and then it makes sense why he would turn to VB, C#,
or something else to get the job done. Although, I recognise how
useful BGT is I've chosen not to buy it for similar reasons. I have
total control of the code, and there are things BGT doesn't have I can
add to my own game engine as needed without waiting on a third-party
developer to provide those features I want.

Cheers!