To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] my ramblings about programming: why I use vb

Hi Ken,

What you say makes perfect sense. I am pretty sure that BGT will not support full 3d graphics anytime soon, though one never knows what might happen in the future. As for 3d audio it is something that I will certainly implement, though I am not a big fan of it myself. At least, not of that in DirectSound. It is not realistic unless you have a full surround setup, and much harder to pinpoint precisely where objects are located than if stereo is used. And then you have the horribly annoying effect where a sound source jumpes all the way from left to right if you are close to it and turn on the x axis. Just a few reasons why 3d audio isn't really my thing, though I'm sure it can be put to great use by those who are interested in it. I might change my mind once I begin testing the 3d simulation provided by XAudio2, which will happen fairly soon as I am just waiting for my hired developer to finish coding that part.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken the Crazy" <kenwdow...@neo.rr.com>