Hello Thomas.

You make your point very very well and by the way I think you are doing a
great job integrating the audio indicators such as the crumbling ledge
sounds into the ambiance of Mota.  This is ideally the kind of thing you
want a sound that tells the player something if they need it but doesn't get
in the way for advanced players.

How interesting you know someone who is blind and hearing impaired, my wife
is legally blind and also deaf in her left ear so I know precisely what you
are talking about when you say that playing these games is a challenge for
your friend because it is for her as well.  She has found that if she turns
her head a certain way she can kind of judge where things are in the stereo
field, for instance she was able to get pretty far in grizzly gulch that
way.  However when playing something like Troopanum II she definitely has to
have the targetting sound.

As you say, we advanced gamers need to give both developers and new gamers a
break, this is not unique to the blind gaming community, we're just really
seeing it here a lot more and people are maybe taking it a bit more
personally because we are such a small group.  Anyhow, thanks for the reply
and the interesting thoughts.

Game on.

Tom