From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of The Addictor
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:55 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] my two cents: (was Re: Dumbing down games (was RE:anyone
got anny suggestionsfor the next versionofbattlezone?))

Hi,
Have you tried my sound pack for Audio Quake?  I think you'll find it makes
a lot more sense.  For example, you hear a door slamming instead of a low
hum for--well--a door.  The wall sounds and slopes were changed too.  I
actually modified the Jedi mod for Audio Quake, that gives a coordinate
system and allows you to adjust, on the fly, the scanning rate so you can
run and still hear what you're flying past.  I even made a hunter rocket.
It doesn't do much damage at all, but you can shoot it and follow it as it
hunts down that next monster.  I'm sure some would say it makes things way
too easy, but in the episodes you really need all the help you can get.
I'll post it on my site, along with the sound pack for SoundRTS as soon as I

get hold of it--it's on my hard drive which currently isn't plugged in. The
real bummer is that I just paid fifty bucks for a web host.  I'm stuck
with the host for a year.  He was very honest about what his company
offered, and since I value honesty highly I signed up.  What I didn't
realize is how much extra he was charging for extra storage space, and since

I only get 25 megs it's no good as a storage spot, which means I'm linking
everything to good-old flopbox for now.  Louis Bryant is being kind enough
to give me server space for Phrase Madness, which is nearly complete,
including the comments uploader, so once I've sold some games I'm going to
get a better web host.  Till then you'll all have to settle for Dropbox if
you want sound packs.

Ken Downey
The Addictor
www.TheAddictor.com