Hi Thomas,
I don't know absolutely nothing about the GMA engine.
I have played games made with it and I had basic training in software development, allthough much things were not covered. Thus I would like to know how the engine worked, but all people say tthat the engine is there and can be used, but on the GMA site is absolutely no information, not even a "for info about it, contact me". Because I don't know the engine, I can't know how maps of his engine are really created. I just wanted to use the Shades of Doom game as an example to show that the game was not that far behind mainstream and that (in theory) the adition of map and modding capabilities or a multiplayer feature, if desired, would bring us up to speed in this area at least so, that audio Quake wouldn't be the only atempt at this kind of work, which is older than SOD (original Quake itself) and probably hard to get today (full version). I don't know if talking about purely mainstream games of different styles belongs here, but in case not, you could write me off list, so that I could tell you about the games I know or give you links to read about them.