From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:41 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mota thoughts

Hi Dark,

As for your first point about jumping onto ledges and missing that's often
the result of simply not jumping far enough. I've done it plenty of times
myself and all I can say is to try again if that happens.You will get a feel
for jumping onto ledges after a while.

As to your second point that's an unresolved technical problem between
side-scrollers and 3d based game play. You can not shoot from a staircase,
ledge, etc because the look up/down commands page up and down only changes
the y axis of view and unfortunally in MOTA the z axis is up/down. So I'm
going have to write a custom look up/down function for this game
specifically to resolve this problem or rewrite the targeting code to do
this automatically in a 2d environment.
Either way it is one of those things I intend to fix sometime between now
and rc1.

Cheers!