well the industry started easy.
And there is almost no motivation to get things going, we don't have teams of people working on things.
When we do things the longer they take the bigger the flames.
Not to mention that gaming development can't be a full life long job.
And at minimal our games still need to run on someone's pentium 100, a lot of blind people still use old single core systems with old systems, I still know people that use cracked coppies of win998 and lower because they can't afford anything else. So if we just didn't do any legacy development past xp and up maybe we could concentrate on actual real games but thats our lot, I still have a single core I use on ocation. It was a struggle to upgrade everything, i have 2 dulecores and 1 i3 though only one of the duelcores is mine.
ANd its really old.