Hi Phil,

Right. We all have different skills, are good at one thing and not
another, and that is the problem. A lot of VI users find
side-scrollers accessible, easier to play, and so that's what they
prefer.

With full 3d I'm not sure how many people will run into problems. I've
been on this and other gaming lists for a long time and I've seen
people say they can't even complete the first level of Shades of Doom,
its too hard, whatever. That doesn't mean those people are stupid, but
they have the problem of being easily disoriented and go south when
they were suppose to head north etc. With full 3d we have drop-offs,
ropes, ladders, and other  3d elements that add a vertical axis to an
already complex environment. If people get confused in Shades of Doom
they'll totally be lost in a full 3d environment.