Honestly, if mainstream developers had had that attitude we probably wouldn't have seen some of the classic games we did. If we're ever going to have a market even close to the mainstream we need to fully explore EVERY! genre. That includes side scrollers as well as 3-d games.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
----- Original Message ----- From: "michael maslo" <mmaslo1...@swbell.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients News

There are enough side scrollers here already. If you are so in love with side scrollers which I fully appreciate, play those games.

On Dec 31, 2011, at 7:30 AM, dark wrote:

Hi quentin.

that is a good point indeed and something I've seen done in other games too.

Indeed, some side scrollers have a ful object and inventory system like an rpg, and just use a separate screen to manipulate them.

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "QuentinC" <quent...@cfardel.net>