Hi Dark,

Yeah, its not a coding issue. As long as you plan to have multiple
playable characters you can easily create some generic stat variables
that are set depending on which character you are playing.

For example, I do this very thing in my WWE wrestling game. I've
currently about 40 super stars in the database, and when you select a
super star from the database it loads the stats for that specific
super star and from then on out every function uses the values stored
in the generic stat variables. The game doesn't care if you are
playing as CM Punk, Randy Orton, or Big Show, because after the stats
are stored in my generic variables who the character is no longer is
an issue. Its how it uses those stats that effect the game play.

For example,someone like Mark Henry would have very high strength
stats, but his speed stats would be lower than average. Someone else
like Daniel Bryan wouldn't have strength stats as high as Mark Henry,
but because he is smaller, lighter, and faster he would have a higher
speed stat. In this way you can play to a wrestlers advantages and
have a match where speed verses brute strength would come into play.

I've in fact played a few divas matches where these very factors made
a big difference even though there might be a couple of stats
different. In a match up between Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix Eve
Torres is both faster and more athletic of the two. She has a greater
success of pulling off acrobatic moves like moonsaults and flying
headscissor takedowns. Beth Phoenix on the other hand might not be as
likely to pull off the acrobatic moves, but because of her high
strength stats she can put a lot of power into throwing moves like
press slams, powerslams, suplexes, etc which will take their toll
quite quickly if you are unfortunate enough to take one of Beth's
infamous beat downs in the ring. The heck of it all is just a few
different stats and we get a fairly different super star with
advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers!