No Kieth, I'm afraid the mutants game I play is deffinately offline. It's what I believe in your post you refer to as a "pen and paper" game, though more properly is usually called a tabletop game (both myself and the gm use laptops and I use the gma dice program).

We use the Mutants and masterminds system, which is an rp systekm loosly based on D&D, but with rules specific to playing super heroes and villains.

I must confess, I'm less interested generally in rping on line myself, and much prefer to do it live in a tabletop setting, sinse for me it's just not the same. There's something wonderfully spontanius and immediate that you can only physically get when your around a table with actual players, and while superheroes aren't my favourite genre, (originally the group was going to play more normal D&D but then the gm changed his mind), it has been a lot of fun, particularly sinse we've been playing a long running campainge that has gone on for the last few years with a very complex and interweaving storyline.

At the moment we're in the middle of a major confrontation with Hern the hunter and his wild hunt that has gone on for the last two sessions, though thanks to some very instant magic, some lucky mind manipulations and I have to confess partly to my own characters'machine guns (he wears battle armour ala Iron man), we've managed to floor Hern.

If you could find a group who play locally I can strongly recommend live rp, ---- indeed it might be possible to play over a voice chat system and get the same sort of feeling, which is I believe what Phil's group does.

Beware the grue!

dArk.