Hi Tom.

Interesting about section 5.08. As I've said before disabled access is always something I think the us government, ---- along with other countries like Scandinavia and the netherlands does far better than the Uk, sinse I've found nothing about software access in any of the British acts of parliament that deal with disability such as the disability discrimination act.

Indeed my mum has to have a reader provided by the health service sinse the system they employ, ---- despite being a department of the British government is completely inaccessible to screen readers (it was assessed by several experts and judged as such).

While provision exists for agencies to perchice equipment for disabled students, this is pretty much farmed out to councels and thus what any given student gets, how willing a local councel is to help with education etc can very much vary from county to county.

I will say as well though, this makes me a great deal more enthusiastic about the work i'm doing with my thesis, sinse one of the basic tennits I'm arguing is that disability is not a descrete catagory which a person is or is not, such as genda, nationality etc, but a relation betwene a person, his/her biological capacity, freedom of desires and environment which will affect everyone at some point, to a lesser or greater degree throughout life, and as such is a far more universal matter for a government to considder.

Of course, whether anyone takes any notice will be another matter entirely :D.

Beware the grue!