Hi Denis.

that makes distinct economic sense, however remember when we're dealing with disability we've gone beyond the realms of economics. As Tom said earlier, thanks to Us law, access has to be a component in governmental systems.

So long as you have a belief that there is a principle that overrides prophit, the prophit arguement alone doesn't stand. just as we have labour laws, and (in the Uk anyway), laws about national health which are socially motivated rather than purely based on capitalistic principles, so is the idea of effort and equal access, ---- indeed Tom illustrated this earlier with the us law requiring software access.

Of course this isn't to say the world should bend over backwards, indeed that's one of the main pricniples of my thesis, merely though that if you are going to considder disability it should be considdered not as a minority group access, but as access to a condition which will affect most people at some point to some degree.

Beware the Grue!