It doesn't help that the big companies really don't listen to a small market like us.
Mainstream games have the stereo  type of being graphical.
Therefore they don't have anything to do with us really.
THe fact we have hardware restrictions and other things put on us because of being blind or any disability is just one of those things.
Not saying that we don't have the tech though.
Mid range systems, even lower core2 and duelcores are still widely used.
We have 3d sound, even xna in some cases can be used for audio development.
We have 3d sound the beginnings of mouse access and some joystick access though thats also in its infancy.
Most games are still simple keyboard controled games.
One major limit is we only have in most cases, left centre and right.
True a few may have back, front, top and bottom but you really need cash to play things like that.
Then there is memmory and cpu power etc.
We really need to use more power to play games, yet we can't really because for what the average user can afford. I for example work testing this and that but its spiradic really don't have the cash to muck round with. And when I do, whatever I buy has to last till either it breaks, or I get funding or the thing given or whatever. As a result the turn over of tech unless you are a hardcore gamer and yes I have seen some of those on the list and forums. However the average jo will probably still be using xp for years to come, maybe win7 and maybe 8 but who knows. We havn't really hit cross platforms much, linux and mac being one though the ios system has some advantages though not really hit android yet.
I also feel that over the years devs and ideas have dried up to almost nothing.
Sure we survive but the days of old when things just popped up all over the place just don't happen.
Even the audyssey issue doesn't really happen.
Most of it is a direct coppy from the list and gamers forums, and most of the news may have been posted weeks or months in advance.
I sometimes feel we are getting tired before our time.
In the beginning I invisioned we would make great strides and survive for ages.
Now though I can't see us surviving for much longer.
Unless we are able to get part of the mainstream tech we will never move foreward. Saying that we have got so used to using our blind friendly programs there is no real adventure. I must admit I really can't stand mota right now but then maybe its not my type. Fps is my type and I play shades of doom quite a lot even though its oldas the hills.