Hi,
The only explanation I can come up with that hasn't been mentioned on
this thread so far would be to make sure an antivirus program or
firewall isn't blocking the game. I don't see why it would try to
block the Kitchensinc games, since none of them connect to the
internet, but Top Speed will almost certainly make your firewall pop
up a few times. You just have to click on the allow button and it
should work after that. A hotkey for jaws would be useful for figuring
out if this is the problem. Then your friend can load Jaws and see if
a window from his firewall or antivirus is there. If the music is too
loud, he can go into the volume control and turn down the volume for
the application. It's probably not his computer that's frozen,
probably just the game, and after he figures out whether this is the
problem, he can either click on the appropriate button to run it
properly or simply go into task manager by hitting control shift
escape and killing the program that way, saving him from having to do
a reboot.
Hth,
Desiree