I find that turning off player footsteps is the only way to accurately aim at zombies. If the zombie starts walking faster, it's seen you. This is easy to pick up on when player steps are off.
----- Original Message -----
From: Orin <orin8...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Wed, 16 May 2012 00:07:21 -0400
Subject: [Audyssey] Swamp: Zombie Growls?

Hi all,

I believe when I played in 2.3, Zombies when coming toward you would growl as they came. Why has this been removed? I was in the gas station parking lot and heard them or at least one, so I centered the footsteps as best as I could and fired. I missed so it ran faster and i couldn't tel whether it was running away or toward me, plus other player footsteps were in the background. I wonder if it's my headphones and e not being able to center things, my mouse cencitivity or maybe there's a delay with Vmware Fusion though I doubt that because there are good Swamp players using virtual machines. BTW, Aprone, is there a way you could implement the NVDA API DLL so that Swamp could support System access/SA or SA to GO?
Thanks.
Orin
orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks