Hi Dark,

Well, I think some history is in order here. When the Ouija Board was
created in the late 1800's it was created and sold strictly as a kids
toy. In other words a harmless game. However, mediums and other
spiritualists began buying them, using them in spiritual ceremonies,
etc and proclaimed the Ouija Board to be a way to communicate with the
dead. Non-believers tend to still think of the Ouija Board still as a
harmless kids toy, and of course spiritualists and religious people
say its something other. The bottom line is that Hasbro treats it as a
harmless kids toy, the stores generally treat it that way too, and it
gets shelved along side other toys and games. I'd say it is up to
parents to make an informed decision as to weather they want their
children playing with a Ouija Board or not  and not put the
responcability on Hasbro or their local toy store to make that
decision. Just my opinion of course.

That said, you are absolutely right in saying that many people who
claim to be mediums etc are fakes. Such people often play upon peoples
gullibility, their beliefs, their naive acceptance of something
spiritual without any solid proof. One absolutely must be a bit
sceptical when getting involved in the spiritual movements because
there are plenty of people who will take you for every cent you have
if you let them.

For example, there is or was a popular show here in the states called
Crossing Over with John Edwards. I can't say weather he is or is not
legit, but to be honest the few times I watched the program I always
felt like his method of contacting the dead was a fishing expodition.
He'd have someone on a stage with him and say something like, "I see
an older man." He'd watch the face of the person to see if he or she
made a reaction, and then add some other detail like he is tall, over
weight, skinny, etc and eventually the person onstage will blurt out
that it is their dad, uncle, whatever. What makes this fishy is that
anyone can fake this simply by giving out a few details like gender,
height, weight, age, and someone who believes the person is a medium
will fill in the rest on their own. Its not difficult to run a scam
like that.

Cheers!