Hi Jim,

The directory tree is a bit different in Windows XP. Documents and
Settings is the equal of c:\Users today. I just googled the issue and
yes VB 6 can accurately locate the App Data directory on Windows 2000,
XP, Vista, and Windows 7. The reason is because Windows XP etc is a
decendant of Windows NT, and Windows NT 4.5 was available in 1998
when VB 6 was introduced, and Windows NT  had a multiuser environment
the same as today's operating systems.