hmmm and not to mention that a lot of devs are still using old codebases or at least a few of them are publically using them. The good thing is that you can run a 32 bit os which does mean even for win8 users that we still can go 32 bit if we want but this may be the last one. For those on win7 we have about another decade, roughly 8 years before you need to decide but thats it, in 8 years we need to be fully away from old code period!
And if not there will be issues.
they are talking about moving the supports right off for every old code in win9 and win8 may already have this this may be the last version we can do things to.