Hi Ian,

I don't believe you can begin earning income until you reach rank 7 or
so. As a result you need to gain flesh, blood, whatever through
missions etc until you can begin earning income.

As far as weather or not the Storm8 games are good I think that is a
matter of personal preference. Like Dark mentioned there isn't enough
text to suit me. If I select a mission to carry out I expect a
background story and a description of the battle at minimum. In the
Storm8 games all we get is a little scene, some sounds, and its over.
No background story, no description of the battle, nothing to draw me
into the mission/quest. I find missions about as boring as watching
paint dry. I think if Storm8 would spend more time on writing text
descriptions for stuff like a text adventure it would go a long way to
improving the games.

Cheers!