Hi Neil:

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Neil McKee <neil.mc...@inmon.com> wrote:

> OK,  I added some commented-out lines to lib/default_conf.h.in,  and checked
> in the changes in that directory.  Should be OK now(?)

Looks fine.

BTW, did we already decide that 'accept_all_physical' is no longer a
configurable option?

The configuration option in gmond.conf seems to be increasing over
time -- I wonder if it would be better to put the sflow configuration
in a separate file, such as /etc/ganglia/conf.d/sflow.conf.  It will
get included via the "include" directive in gmond.conf.  What do you
think?

I noticed something weird with the metrics from my WinXP host (running hsflowd):

The gmond collector was down for say an hour, during that time,
hsflowd on WinXP was still running.  However, when I started gmond up,
I noticed that the "boottime" metric was no longer a constant, and
changes with time.  As a result, "Uptime" and "Last Reported" are
quite close to each other.  I also noticed that certain metrics like
load_* were not correct either (lower than what it should be).

I haven't really been able to re-produce this, but thought I'd ask you
to see if you know why that would happen.  Will definitely write back
if I encounter it again in the future.

Cheers,