Hi Neil:

I finally had a chance to test out the patch.  Didn't run into any
major issue on my end, so +1 from me.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Neil McKee <neil.mc...@inmon.com> wrote:

> There are three metrics to draw particular attention to:
>
> 1. System UUID

I noticed that on my Windows host, UUID is
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.  I guess UUID generation on
Windows is not supported yet?  I tested with hsflowd 1.12 on Windows
XP.

> The "Datasource ID" and "Parent Datasource ID" can be treated as opaque
> strings that the UI could use to capture and represent the containment
> hierarchy.

Perhaps you could explain a bit about the format of "Datasource ID"?

I've granted you SVN access, so please feel free to check the code
into trunk.  But perhaps Brad might want to review the code quickly
before you do so :-)

Can you also modify the manpage for gmond.conf plus add it to the
default configuration?  I'm okay with "accept_all_physical = yes" as
the default.

BTW, are you interested in implementing UUID for gmond?  We've been
talking about using UUID instead of hostname/IP as host identifiers
because those things could change, so I think this would be a great
feature to be added to our code base.

Thanks,