Hi Neil:

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Neil McKee <neil.mc...@inmon.com> wrote:

> OK,  I cleared out everything under /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/.   Now I see the
> problem.   In the short term I guess gmond/sflow.c could just submit zeros
> for the missing metrics instead of leaving them out altogether(?)  However in
> the long term it would seem more elegant to fix this in the place where the
> RRD is constructed.   After all,  for most of these metrics posting a value
> of 0 is just plain wrong.   When the value is really "dunno"  or "not
> applicable" or "undefined" then leaving it out seems more correct.

I've changed my mind after hearing other people's thoughts on the
matter.  The correct fix should be in the frontend code.  I'm already
working on it for cpu_report and mem_report.  However, it would be
tricky for the load_* metrics.  Hopefully we could reach a consensus
on it soon and be able to report load metrics in hsflowd under
Windows.

I hope you didn't spend too much time on the patch for submitting
zeros for missing metrics :)

Thanks,