Thank you for your replies Bernard and Shekar.

Actually in the meanwhile I managed to make it work. For those who might want
to do the same here's what I did:

 · Stop gmond and gmetad, and clean the RRD database in the collector (I was
getting unspecified clusters and cached information so this was a clean start)

 · I have 5 clusters so I've created 5 gmond.conf files - gmond-cluster1.conf,
gmond-cluster2.conf...etc. In these files I've set up the cluster name, both
udp and tcp ports to the same number, and the hostname in the udp_send_channel
to 'localhost'

 · In gmetad.conf I set up a grid name (not necessary but better to have a
cleaner UI)

 · Still in gmetad.conf I have created 5 data_sources, one for each cluster:
          data_source "Cluster A" localhost:portA
          data_source "Cluster B" localhost:portB
   Note that these ports and cluster names match those in the gmond files I've
created earlier.

   I had some problems with the ports, some clusters were not appearing if they
were using port 8651 for instance, but I just changed the port and they
worked...I am not sure why, I don't think this port numbers are
restricted...but well, if someone knows why, tell me please

 · Then I just daemonized the 5 gmonds like this:
           # deamon gmond -c /etc/ganglia/gmond-clusterA.conf
           # .....

 · Finally, I just started gmetad and now it's running fine. To add more
clusters I just need to, in this order, daemonized the new gmond for that
cluster and restart gmetad.

Hope this helps someone in the future ;)

Cumprimentos / Best regards,
Cristóvão José Domingues Cordeiro