Angus Leeming wrote:
> 
 
> Actually, this isn't strictly true.
> 
> Baruch decided to use the libXPM library as a default graphics loader that
> will work with any gui library. So, it does make sense to get it working
> properly. Obviously, this library loads only XPM files, hence the need for
> the converters.
> 
> Incidentally, the conversion process is slow because you're using
> ImageMagik's convert, I bet. It's much much quicker if you use the netpbm
> suite of converters.

Well, I have both installed, but some folks may have one or the other.
How does lyx decide which to use? 

> xforms and qt2 and gnome can all load graphics themselves. The long term aim
> is to use these. There'll still be a need for the conversion mechanism for
> those esoteric graphics formats, but most of the common ones can be loaded
> direct.
> 
> > In this case choose "don't display" from graphic gui.

OK, but it meant doing S&R with an editor through several lyx files to
change display color to display none. It is just not feasible to bring
up each image to change it.

> > Angus is working on this LyX-displaying with scaling.
> 
> Yes. And I'll probably also get the hooks in place to use either libXPM or
> the gui's one graphics loader. You never know, things might turn out quite
> nice!
One hopes.
For now, display none is my only viable option. I can live with that

> I think that this is probably a better goal for 1.2 than doing the conversion
> in the background.
> 
> Hope this makes things clearer.
> 
Much. Except for the reason old-graphics was dumped before new-graphics
was functional -- maybe to force testers;)
Thanks,
Garst

Reply via email to