On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Shane Ford wrote:

> Don't believe for a second that Coach is not going to lose some
> national respect over this decision and it may hurt him some in
> other areas with media types, etc.  I believe he did this as a
> "lighter" sentence, because Spikes should not have retaliated, but
> in Football some times you ahve to stand up for you and yours.  You
> know?  Like it or not...

As the great sage Kenneth Rogers once wrote:

Twenty years of crawlin was bottled up inside him.
He wasn't holdin nothin back; he let 'em have it all.
When Tommy left the barroom not a Gatlin boy was standin.
He said, this ones for Becky, as he watched the last one fall.
And I heard him say,

"I promised you, dad, not to do the things you've done.
I'll walk away from trouble when I can.
Now please dont think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek,
papa, I sure hope you understand:
Sometimes you gotta fight when youre a man."
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us