Same here Rob.  We Tivo the games to be able to skip commercials.  For those of us who don't enjoy 70 degree days in December, I am not willing to forfeit a 70 degree day in September to watch us play N.E.Louisiana South College of Begging for Mercy.  I'll watch that one at night.  Of course, here in Minnesnowta, I don't have to worry about knowing the outcome as no one cares about CFB up here.  Now if it was a hockey game...

Ken K
MNGator
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Well... on one hand...
From: "wildeart...@gmail.com" <wildeart...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, January 05, 2011 9:19 am
To: "gatortalk@googlegroups.com" <gatortalk@googlegroups.com>

I Tivo all the Gator games, and usually start watching about an hour in. That let's me skip all the commercials and still finish the game about the time it ends live. If it's an afternoon game, and a nice day, I'll often watch it that night. Why miss a great day? That's why I have a TiVo. I never want to know the outcome ahead of time, though. That would ruin it for me. I know it's a little obsessive, but I also watch every play of every game no matter how poorly we play. I expect the players to give full effort for 60 minutes, so I feel like I owe them my support for 60 minutes. I know it doesn't really make a difference, but I enjoy every play of the big wins so it just feels like I should fully experience the losses too. Yin-yang and all that. It sure wasn't easy at times this year! That is only with Gator games, though. If I'm watching two other teams play, and if it's not a particularly good game, I often skip ahead with the Tivo and just watch the interesting bits.

Rob

Sent from my iPad