> Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely....@gmail.com>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 10:44:47 +0200
> From: Arsen Arsenović via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> the current default of accepting this code in C is harmful to those
> who are writing new code, or are learning C.

People who learn C should be advised to turn on all the warnings, and
should be educated not to ignore any warnings.  So this is a red
herring.

> This seems like a good route to me - it facilitates both veterans
> maintaining code and beginners just learning how to write C.

No, it prefers beginners (which already have the warnings, unless they
deliberately turn them off) to veterans who know what they are doing,
and can live with those warnings.  The right balance is exactly what
we have now: emitting warnings without breaking builds.