On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Kirill Kononenko
<kirill.konone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My explanations seem to have also failed to explain you.
> Unfortunately, one really needs have some back group with both
> Just-In-Time compilers,Virtual Machines, and Common Intermediate
> Language to understand this area. I understand that it is not your
> area of expertise, so it is not an issue for me.

I think a JIT associated with GCC would be great.  Not everything is
static compilation.  "Split Compilation" combining static compilation
for complicated analysis along with a "Managed Runtime" for
execution and runtime transformations is becoming more important.

libJIT could help with the runtime for a GCC implementation of OpenCL.
It could help with an environment for Java and CIL.

A JIT associated with GCC would allow coordination between GCC
bytecode generation and the JIT.  It also can allow the JIT cache
to be pre-warmed by GCC static code and profiling information.

There are many exciting opportunities.

David