Quoting "Frank Ch. Eigler" <f...@redhat.com>:

Basile Starynkevitch <bas...@starynkevitch.net> writes:

[...]
So what should I do?
[...]
c. change the licenses of the melt*texi files [I certainly won't do that
without explicit approval] to something compatible. Perhaps the fact
that I am the only contributor to these files might help.

Would dual-licensing the .texi files (GFDL + GPL3) solve these problems?

Are you talking about the melt .texi files or the general GCC and texinfo
infrastructure texi files?  Unless you dual-license the latter, all
.texi files that use them must be GFDL.  I.e. if you autogenerate .texi files
from melt source files, these source files would have to have a
GFDL-compatible license, or you have to distribute & check-in the generated
.texi files under the GFDL together with the GPLed sources.