Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Would it help to include in this "more information" to emphasize that
> the issue is especially urgent for internals documentation?

I think I've expressed that reasonably well, with help from Jason Merill
and Toon Moene.  I gave examples involving both the internals manuals
(e.g., target hooks) and the user manual (e.g., command-line options).

I've not raised any of the Debian issues with RMS and don't intend to do
so; I will not convince the FSF by making this into an argument about
whether the GFDL is a good license.  I'm trying to focus on use of the
GPL'd code in GFDL manuals and vice versa, particularly in the context
of GCC's manuals, as a way of reducing developer effort and improving
the documentation.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell