Hi Manuel,

> > 2) Use the command-line patchwork client to update patch state when a
> > patch is committed. People have done this with a git post-commit hook to
> > update the state of the patch in patchwork; I'm not sure if svn has
> > something equivalent.
>
> Yes it does. If you tell us how the git pots-commit hook works, we
> could try to implement a version for svn and GCC.

This is what I've used for git:

        [...@pororo helloworld]$ cat .git/hooks/post-applypatch
        #!/bin/bash

        sha=$(git rev-parse HEAD)
        hash=$(git show $sha | pwparser --hash)
        pwclient update -s Accepted -c $sha -h $hash

- where 'pwparser' is symlink to parser.py from the patchwork tree
(http://git.ozlabs.org/?p=patchwork;a=blob;f=apps/patchwork/parser.py), and
'pwclient' is downloadable from the patchwork setup.

And for those unfamiliar with git: 'git rev-parse HEAD' prints the commit ID
of the latest commit, and 'git show $sha' prints out the commit itself - all
we need is the diff, pwparser will ignore everything else.

Cheers,

Jeremy