> On Sep 17, 2019, at 8:02 AM, Richard Earnshaw (lists)
> <richard.earns...@arm.com> wrote:

> So in summary my proposed timetable would be:
>
> Monday 16th December 2019 - cut off date for picking which git conversion to
> use
>
> Tuesday 31st December 2019 - SVN repo becomes read-only at end of stage 3.
>
> Thursday 2nd January 2020 - (ie read-only + 2 days) new git repo comes on
> line for live commits.

That sounds ok but it feels incomplete; there are additional steps and dates
needed leading up to the 16th December decision point.

I would suggest: 1 December 2019: final version of each proposed conversion
tool is available, trial conversion repository of the full GCC SVN repository
is posted for public examination.

That allows 2 weeks for the different tools and their output to get the
scrutiny needed for the picking decision to be made.  2 weeks may be more than
needed (or possibly, less), but in any case I think this piece needs to be
called out.

        paul