On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Dez 25 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:
>
> > Timezones for any email address can be specified in gcc.map for any
> > authors wishing to have an appropriate timezone used for their commits.
>
> But that should not be used for unrelated authors.

It's not.

On investigation, I think you are referring to the conversion of r269472.
That was committed for you by Jim Wilson and thus has you as author and
Jim Wilson as committer and Jim Wilson's timezone entry has been applied.
So the argument here is that the author's timezone information should be
applied to the author date, and the committer's timezone information
should be applied to the committer date.  I expect that should be
straightforward (although when coming from SVN, there's also an argument
that we only have committer dates so the committer timezone is the
relevant one to apply).

--
Joseph S. Myers
j...@polyomino.org.uk