On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 11:50:30AM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019, Roman Zhuykov wrote:
> > I've never used zhr...@gcc.gnu.org email in ChangeLog files. So, it seems
> > odd
> > that it is used in r270511 (my first commit as maintainer), but not in next
>
> That's because that commit also edits ChangeLog entries from other
> authors.  When a commit adds / edits ChangeLog entries for more than one
> author (the difference between purely editing an existing entry and adding
> a new one, possibly under an existing date/author header, for a
> multi-author commit, is not something that can reliably be determined
> automatically), the conversion falls back to using the committer identity
> instead of picking one of the multiple relevant authors from the ChangeLog
> files.

There is only one relevant author in r270511.  It edits a few wrong path
names in the previous changelog entries.  People often do similar things
(like fixing the commit date :-) )

Either never use <account>@gcc.gnu.org, or always use it, don't do the
worst of both worlds?

Maxim's conversion has this just fine: (from gcc-reparent):

commit 6d4633c4d15a92b88332c1e0cbc7f5c1c93c1a8a