On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 12:09, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 12:05, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The change makes sense, but indeed it feels like a very specialized
> > > case in a general script.
> >
> > Yes, that was my thought too.
>
> On the other hand, the script is just meant to enforce our policies,
> not dictate them. But on the gripping hand, if the policy can't be
> checked simply, maybe it's a bad policy.

Similar to "doc/html/*" I've sometimes used "testsuite/*" for changes
that affect huge numbers of files in the libstdc++ testsuite, e.g.
commit r7-2817-52066eae5d3dd6b7c0a1b843469582dbdbb941eb did:

I don't want to list thousands of files at once. So maybe a general
approach for allowing wildcards in specific directories makes sense.

What will we do on January 1 2021 when Jakub updates the copyright
years in every file in the tree, turn off the hook temporarily?