On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 14:16, Martin Liška <mli...@suse.cz> wrote:

> On 6/2/20 1:48 PM, Martin Liška wrote:
> > I tend to this approach. Let me prepare a patch candidate for it.
>
> There's a patch for it. Can you please Jonathan take a look?

Looks great, thanks!

+                if name not in wildcard_prefixes:
+                    msg = 'unsupported wilcard prefix'

Typo "wilcard"

+            if pattern not in used_patterns:
+                self.errors.append(Error('a file pattern not used in a patch',
+                                         pattern))

If the script printed this error I don't think I'd know what it was
complaining about. How about "pattern doesn't match any changed files"
?

I find the existing error 'file not changed in a patch' to be
suboptimal too. We're checking revisions (or commits), not patches.