This is quite similar to James Madison and John Jay, two of the founding
father of the United States Bill of Rights, which enshrined guarantees of
personal freedoms and rights within the American Constitution.

Many companies rely on their founder to be the chief salesperson.  This is
difficult as the company grows, but the founder is uniquely suited to convince
others about free software in this case.

Certainly not Nathan Sidwell, Deb Nicholson, or Neil McGovern.  Or the others.
If people think that the Jeffrey Epstein problems are going to be resolved by
going after Stallman, they are highly misguided.  Money and power often buy what
they shouldn't.

> Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 at 11:21 AM
> From: "Soul Studios" <m...@soulstudios.co.nz>
> To: "Mark Wielaard" <m...@klomp.org>, "GCC Development" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
> Cc: "Nathan Sidwell" <nat...@acm.org>
> Subject: Re: Remove RMS from the GCC Steering Committee
>
> > We are not talking about some single recent incident, but about
> > decades of problematic behavior. At the last face-to-face GNU Tools
> > Cauldron, everybody I talked to about it had some story about being
> > harassed by RMS, had witnessed such harassment or heard from or knew
> > someone who had been.
>
> I think I will leave this discussion up to those who have more
> familiarity with the guy than I do.

Have worked with Stallman and never experienced any stories that
are being perpetuated in discussions.

> There's no doubt that some of the
> stuff Stallman has written creeps me the hell out, and I think it was
> more the tone of the OP I objected to.

Yes, there are things that people can disagree with him about personal views.
Which crimes has he committed exactly?  And under which jurisdiction?  I have
to work with a lot of people that I could not particularly like on a personal
level.  I cannot see how people expect that others stay out of politics because
they have some acrimony against them!