On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 02:39:41PM +0800, LIU Hao via Gcc wrote:
> I am a Windows developer and I have been writing x86 and amd64 assembly for
> more than ten years. One annoying thing about GCC is that, for x86 if I need
> to write I piece of inline assembly then I have to do it twice: one in AT&T
> syntax and one in Intel syntax.

So just use -masm=intel yourself and don't force it on others.

Other people are familiar with AT&T syntax rather than Intel syntax,
in fact, as history shows, Intel syntax is a second class citizen that often
takes years to fix up for new instructions.  The memory size prefixes for
certain vector instructions are complete lottery and has been changed by the
assembler over time.

And more importantly, various valid sources aren't really compilable at all
with Intel syntax, see https://gcc.gnu.org/PR53929 and dups for some details.

        Jakub