Daniel Wisehart wrote:
On Saturday 22 April 2006 12:55, Dan McMahill wrote:

I've made a new snapshot of pcb.

Thanks, Dan.

SourceForge says there has been a new "release". How do users tell the difference between a snapshot and a release?

easy, there have been no "releases". I've just periodically been making snapshot releases which are releases in the sense that I verify that 'make distcheck' works for me which usually catches glaring errors in the build system and makes sure that the snapshot tarball will have all the files needed to build. Also I've been branching the sources and setting the version number to the snapshot date. Other than that I have not been doing anything extra.

Some day we might distinguish between true releases and snapshots but so far we haven't.

-Dan