Dan McMahill wrote:
Daniel Wisehart wrote:

On Monday 24 April 2006 19:16, Dan McMahill wrote:

We just built the latest snapshot of PCB and it is broken with our
configure options.  Patches coming tomorrow.

I'll be waiting.

When I ran configure with --disable-gif --disable-jpeg --disable-png, make failed because LIBS still contains -ljpeg -lpng -lz. What I did is use sed to remove these libraries from LIBS and GD_LIBS if the disable for a library is given as a command line argument to configure.

Regards,
Daniel

sounds to me like your gdlib-config program is broken.

BTW, if you are doing --disable-gif, --disable-jpeg, and --disable-png, why don't you just do

--with-exporters="bom ps gerber"

which will leave out the png HID entirely and hence all of gd?

just to clarify things a bit, the "png" HID (listed in the exporters line) used the GD library to do all its work. Once you use GD, you get gif, png, and jpeg all at once. However some installed copies of GD don't have gif support. So it seemed that my options were

1) just detect no gif support in GD and turn off the GIF output. I don't like this because I don't like the way some autoconf based programs enable and disable user visible features based on what it finds on your system. Thats why PCB will spit out a message saying "your GD doesn't support this, if you still want to continue, you need to add --disable-gif" That way you have explicitly acknowledged that you are not going to get GIF support and you know why.

2) never support gif output.  This also seemed lame.

Maybe what I need to do is detect your strange condition where

--disable-gif && --disable-jpeg && --disable-png are all listed and then
try and take out the png HID entirely.

-Dan