On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Dan McMahill wrote:

sounds to me like your gdlib-config program is broken.

I had similar difficulties:
With older versions of the gd png+jpeg library, there is no gdlib-config at all.

I don't mind if you don't deal with this, or don't deal with it right away, but a discussion of appropriate gdlib versions with a URL to find it would be a nice addition to the installation instructions.

Coping with old gdlib's might be as simple as just trying AC_CHECK_LIB()
or even just adding -lgd and hoping for the best if gdlib-config doesn't exist.

(I first tried out the pcb snapshot on a fedora core 2 machine, which has gd-2.0.21. Yes, I know I should just upgrade, but fc4's anaconda can't deal with the software-raid from fc2, etc, etc.)

Steve