> The current sequence breaks 32-bit support in
> the beginning and then restores it back towards the end.
> Wondering if that could be a problem with the CI?

I would be surprised if there is even any POWER-specific CI at all.
The one POWER binary we had (in test-progs), was removed at c1ebdf66f.  I've been waiting on 86222736e (which just got in) before submitting
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/40635 ,
could you please code-review that?  Then, we are ready to merge your e52dbcb.

> The current sequence breaks 32-bit support in
> the beginning and then restores it back towards the end.

Up to you really.  My guess is that when you look at how much `develop` has diverged in the past months, you will find keeping the sequence less of a thing.