> > 2. SIMD cores: Based on TimingSimpleCPU.
> This sounds pretty interesting too.  Does the ISA matter much, or do
> you think it could be pretty generic?  Did you add new instructions to
> do things?

Yes, I amended the Alpha ISA and added two instructions to mark the begin
and end of branch divergences. I assume we can do the same thing for other
ISAs.

> > 3. A parallel API for writing parallel benchmarks that run in system
> > emulation mode.
> So, this doesn't depend on #2?  I assume that this is in syscall
> emulation mode? This is pretty interesting.  The one issue is that
> there are already two? systems in m5 for doing parallel simulations
> and we don't want to just throw the kitchen sink into m5.  Have you
> looked at the current m5threads stuff?  Is there any overlap?

No it doesn't. Actually, #2 depends on this one. Yes, it's in syscall
emulation mode. Thanks for the pointer, I'll take a look at m5threads.

> > 4. A batch-simulation tool, which creates, manages, organizes, and
> analyzes
> > simulation tasks in batches. Written in Python. Good for space
> exploration
> > and sensitivity study.

Sure, I will write some documentation and send you a tarball.

Thanks,

Jiayuan