To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 3:53 PM
Subject: brutus

Folks,

Some questions regarding Brutus:

1) Do (sufficient) infrastructure folk have root password on Brutus now?

In

short, can I post change requests here (not to [EMAIL PROTECTED] & hope Sam is
looking?)

2) Do infrastructure folk have any performance metrics/monitoring

software?

The gump instance on Brutus used to take an hour or so, and now it takes a
few, however I'm not "in touch w/ the machine's performance" sufficiently

be able to determine if this is a performance problem, or this is just the
projects that Gump is now running & the work they do.

If there was a slow down (and I can't be sure) it is likely Gump code, but
events like extra memory, new OS, extra CPU haven't made me 'feel' it is
faster.

BTW: I run 'top' and see (typically) two things running -- top and

something

in Gump (python, cvs, java, etc.) I wonder if I ought raise Gump priority
above other things, or if this is just rude? Ought I by running Gump niced
lower, since it is so resource intensive?

3) Is there a way (other than cron) to run something semi-continuously (as

daemon/service), have it restarted if/when it exits, and such? Am I
describing some init.d related thing? Could anybody provide me with OS
appropriate pointers? [TIA]

4) If infrastructure do have root (see 1), would you be willing to (1)
install tomcat as a service (not user level) (2) alter ProxyPass
configuration in the Apache HTTPD. I could write up what I'd like to see,
and submit it via JIRA, for review/comment/queuing.

regards,

Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise
Try Sybase: http://www.try.sybase.com