Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

I can do it, esp if people can be disciplined about using jira
(too....much....email....).

I couldn't agree more. JIRA has to help us smooth out the inflow.

I think it'll pretty much reduce the time I
have available for actual gump development to 0, but that's hardly a
change! :/

You know, I find it disappointing that Gump has a high barrier to entry to
new developers. I know it is there, I feel it, and I know that aspects of
what I've added to it, contribute to that problem. I'd appreciate all
pointers/tips on how to make Gump accessible to the newbie.

Two things I noticed recently:

1. The gump object model is hard to understand at first. Including examples for each entry would certainly help

2. Perhaps some kind of mechanism to create a hostname.xml file that is "nearly right" for personal gumps, so that with minimal editing someone could get a personal gumpp up and running. Contrast, for example, with Apache webservers httpd.conf. Actually, this probably applies to project.xml and most of the other gump config files too.

--
Michael