I have started to use python myself because I loved the much faster try/fail cycle of a scripting language and python looked a lot friendlier than other scripting languages.

But in my experience, it doesn't scale in terms of complexity as much as java does.

Also, it seems that there is a lot of black magic in getting it to run very solidly, while java has years of polishing on seriously loaded environments.

So, I wonder: what would you think about a gump in java?

--
Stefano.