I'm +1 on releasing rc1. The signature and hashes match on the
artifact, ran some of the more aggressive MR tests. Reviewed changes
from rc0.

It looks like we need a FAQ for this release, if only to prevent the
same questions from being asked and answered across different threads
and lists. Reservations, regressions, and pending work can also be
documented there.

Right now, Apache Hadoop releases are not recommended by its
community. Instead, not only our end users, but other Apache projects
run Cloudera's distribution. From all those wearing their Apache hat,
I would like to see more effort directed toward a release that we can
recommend soon and less time spent compiling tasks to delay it.

Releasing this will complicate the documented process. However, that
process *has not produced a usable release* for the last two out of
six years. This is failure. Entertaining concerns like a one-to-one
correspondence between commits and JIRA issues is bizarre in this
context. Let's find a way to make progress instead of tossing
pharisaic accusations of illegitimacy. -C